I have been nominated for a Liebster Award by Pixiecraft: Adventures of Magick and Devotion so thank you very much! Must admit I was totally oblivious as well as surprised to receive the comment on my last post. I’m new to the Liebster thing, so forgive me if I screw up along the way – but here goes nothing…
“The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. The word “Liebster” comes from German and can mean the sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, most beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.”
So, here are the Rules:
Thank the person who nominated you.
When you receive the award, you post 11 random facts about yourself and answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
Pass the award onto 11 other blogs (while making sure you notify the blogger that you nominated them!) You write up 11 NEW questions directed towards YOUR nominees.
You are not allowed to nominate the blog who nominated your own blog!
You paste the award picture into your blog. (You can Google the image, there are plenty of them!)
- I am the editor of the Covenant of Hekate ezine, Askei Kataskei.
- I have 3 cats: Callie, Loki and Noggle.
- I am polyamorous.
- In 2013 I hope to make a start on writing my first book.
- In the Asterian Astrology system of Jade Sol Luna, my sign is Phorcys.
- I am good at baking cakes (apparently); my most requested is ginger cake.
- I still enjoy watching She-Ra.
- I have a HND in Journalism and my shorthand speed is 70wpm.
- I’ve always wanted to play the violin.
- I want to finally join the gym this year and get in shape.
- My favourite colour is purple.
1. What’s your favorite food?
I won’t deny that I love food. So picking just one favourite is quite difficult. That said, I love Italian, cheesecake and roast parsnips.
2. What do you do to cheer yourself up when you feel down?
A glass of wine and some chocolate usually chase the blues away.
3. Do you have any special talents?
I guess that all depends on who you ask. I don’t think I have any, personally.
4. What is one thing you wish you could do but can’t or have not yet learned to do?
Play the violin and/or speak a foreign language.
5. What is your favorite way to be creative?
Generally I write. But I will also paint/draw when I am inspired in the right way.
6. Where is blogging on your list of priorities?
It slipped way behind the back burner throughout last year, mostly because 2012 was just such a tough year as it went on. I like to blog to keep writing and in order to share with those people who follow my posts. Once or twice a week would be ideal for me, so long as I had something worthwhile to say.
7. What is one piece of advice you would give to bloggers who are just starting?
Write what you know. Don’t worry about being boring or not having anything to say – it all comes in time.
8. How long have you been “online”?
I can’t recall an exact date…so probably too long, lol.
9. What is your favorite band?
I’d have to say Muse, Placebo, Nightwish, Within Temptation and Kylie (though I know she’s not actually a band).
10. What is your favorite book and what do you like about it? (Philosophy, the writing, etc.)
The World on Blood by Jonathan Nasaw. I just love the gritty realism of it; the charged eroticism and the brilliant take on the vampire genre without downgrading any of the savage beauty of those wonderfully damned souls.
11. If you could meet one fictional character and spend a day in their world with them or bring them to this world: who and what would you be doing?
Probably would have to be one of the X-Men…probably Storm. I’d love to travel with her to Africa and witness her ability to control the weather.
- Inspirational Man (Homosapien)
- The House of Vines
- joshcox236’s Blog
- Aspis of Ares
- The Temple of Joy
- Beloved in Light
- 4 of Wands
- A Young Flemish Hellenist
- Echoes from the Temple
- The Crossroads Companion
- How many pairs of shoes do you own?
- What is the most expensive thing you’ve ever broken?
- If you met a Genie who offered you three wishes, what would you wish for? (more wishes does not count)
- If you had to describe yourself as a flavour, what would it be?
- What nicknames do you have/have had?
- What was your first job?
- What is the most interesting thing you can see out of your nearest window?
- You are walking to work. There is a dog drowning in the canal on the side of the street. Your boss told you if you are late one more time you’re fired. Do you save the dog?
- What historical period would you like to live in if you could go back in time?
- What is the most unusual thing you’ve ever eaten?
- Do you keep a diary/journal?